Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Media Traffic display my advertisements?
- Is your product considered adware?
- What is the difference between adware and spyware?
- How is Vomba software distributed?
- What about pop-up blockers?
- How should I use Media Traffic ?
- Your Consent
We display your advertisements to users who have installed ad supported software. These ads are displayed either as a pop-up or pop-under as defined in the campaign settings.
Our product is software utility which makes it adware. Adware produced and distributed in an ethical manner is a very effective and respected method of advertising.
Adware is software that displays advertisements on a user's computer. There is a lot of confusion in the industry that links adware with spyware and that not all adware is good.
Here are some clarifications on this issue:
- Adware that is installed and functions according to certain rules is considered permission-based advertising.
- Adware that is not installed with user consent and/or cannot be easily removed from a users' computer is considered an unwanted program.
- Spyware is software that installs, collects and distributes the users' information without their consent.
All present and future distribution of Vomba ad serving software are bundled only with Vomba labeled software such as VombaShots and VombaSavers.